After choosing "New Game", and watching or skipping past the cutscenes, you will start at the beginning of the level. At this point you need to look for any graphic issues that may need to be corrected.
Examples of Graphic Problems:
- The game Crashes Immediately - Windows Error "JK.EXE Has Stopped Working." "Check for Solutions Online"
- Graphical clipping, blurring, or other visual issue
- Black Screen (HUD is sometimes visible with black screen).
- Border Flickering
If the game crashed, sometimes you will need to use Windows Task Manager to terminate the game as the Game Window may be frozen in the background or the crashed game may be affecting your Windows Desktop Environment.
- Press CTRL-ALT-DEL keybord command.
- Choose "Task Manager"
- In the Applications Tab, select "Jedi Knight" or "Mysteries of the Sith" and then click "End Task" to close the game.
- (Optional) If ending the task in the Applications tab does not work, go to the "Processes" tab of Task Manager and select JK.EXE or JKM.EXE. Then click "End Process" to terminate the process.